Country Potato Salad
Choose Wild Recipe Contest Winner Christine Akiyoshi at Nourished by Plants.
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 8 medium size red potatoes
- 1 large crisp green apple
- 8 radishes
- 1 medium diced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (author note: love unfiltered with the "mother")
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Place the red potatoes in the boiling water and cook until a fork goes in easily but the potatoes are not mushy. Drain the water and set the potatoes aside to cool.
Place a steamer basket in a large pot and fill with an inch of water. Break cauliflower into small florets and place in the steamer basket. Cover with a lid and place on medium heat. Steam the florets, being careful not to overcook, then set aside to cool.
Core apples and cut into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl. Trim radishes and quarter in wedges and add to bowl. Add diced onion and cooked cauliflower. Peel skin from potatoes, dice into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
Sprinkle salt over salad and toss. Mix the oil and vinegar and then drizzle over the salad and toss to mix in. Add chopped parsley and gently mix.
Photo courtesy of Christine Akiyoshi.