Recipe and photograph contributed by Vegan Mos.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35–40 minutes
- • 2 tablespoons oil
- • 1 large onion, diced
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1/4 cup paprika
- • 2 packages Gardein Beefless Tips or your favorite brand of meatless crumbles
- • 2 cups water, divided
- • 2 beefless bouillon cubes
- • 1 pound yellow potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- • 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 thick
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft, about seven minutes. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and sauté one minute.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add the paprika. Stir to coat everything and cook for one minute.
Add the beefless tips, raise the heat to medium-high and sauté for five minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bouillon cubes. Cover and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for five minutes.
Add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally and add more water as needed. You don’t want all the liquid to cook off, but you don’t want a soup either. Just add enough so the vegetables can simmer and nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
Serve over pasta or in a bowl with a nice crusty bread.