Berry Breakfast Cobbler
Contributed by Sarah Bailie. Sarah is an intern with the Center’s Population and Sustainability Program.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned preferred — it has a better texture)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen berries (any berries or mix of berries works)
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional, but they can help make your oatmeal less watery, plus add a nutritional kick)
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds (roasted/unroasted, salted/unsalted, whatever you have on hand — they just add a nice crunch)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Mix oatmeal, water, frozen berries and chia seeds in a microwave-safe bowl and give the mixture a stir so the berries are evenly distributed.
Microwave for 3 minutes. Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir and you’re good to go. Add a dollop of plant-based yogurt for some extra creaminess.
Photo courtesy of Sarah Bailie.