Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Contributed by Tara, author of WHAT the HECK do I eat NOW—a blog for people interested in the benefits of a plant-based diet. View this recipe on her blog here.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound of fusilli (or whatever pasta you’d like)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup oil packed julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained (save 3 tablespoons of oil)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups jarred artichoke hearts, drained (save 3 tablespoons of marinade)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water with the 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt in it to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the pasta is done drain it but do not rinse it. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and toss it with the 3 tablespoons of reserved sun dried tomato oil. Set aside to cool.
Juice the lemon and mix the juice with the pressed garlic clove and 3 tablespoons of reserved artichoke marinade. When the pasta is cool, toss it with this mixture. Add the cut artichokes, sundried tomatoes, olives and basil and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Photo courtesy of Tara, What the Heck do I Eat Now.