Sustainable Spinach Tortellini
Contributed by Sara Perez and Dave Molidor.
- 1 package of organic spinach tortellinis
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 2 large organic zucchinis
- 16 organic crimini mushrooms
- 1 small organic onion, yellow or white
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Bruschetta or tomato sauce
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Boil water for tortellinis, add pasta to water, reduce to medium heat. Cook three minutes. Drain and put aside. Sauté all chopped veggies in olive oil, add salt, basil or seasonings of choice for about ten minutes. Add Bruschetta or tomato sauce, and stir in kidney beans and tortellinis. Let it all simmer for about 5 minutes and voila. Ready to serve.
Photo courtesy of Dave Molidor.